Above the fireplace in the furnished bedroom to the right of the main staircase on the first floor is some plasterwork which shows the common emblem of the Talbot family, the Talbot dogs. It is possible that this plasterwork was bought by William Blythe when Sheffield Castle was being demolished after 1643. If this is so, then this is the only surviving piece of the Castle’s interior. The Talbot was a breed of hunting dog. The last of them died out by the end of the eighteenth century.