Open weekends, free entry - check opening times here

Back where it belongs

Back where it belongs.. It has been satisfying to see experts from various fields converge on Bishops’ House and during the last decade there have been real advancements in our understanding of the history of the ‘Old Hall at Norton Lees’ (as the building was once known) and its occupants. Archaeologist Ken Dash laid down the […]

A short history of the area

Bishops’ House was built in 1554, during the short but turbulent reign of Mary Tudor (1553 to 1558) and appears to be the last surviving building from that era in the tiny village of Norton Lees. Norton Lees was a village in the parish of Norton which included a large part of what is now […]

Privacy Notice

Friends of Bishops’ House    Privacy notice  Introduction   The Friends of Bishops’ House take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the  necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users in their use of this website,  through the course of their membership, volunteering or subscription to our events  mailing list.  Personal […]

 © 2020 Friends of Bishops’ House. All Rights Reserved.

Friends of Bishops’ House is a UK registered charity, number 1150722, and company ltd by guarantee number 08307595
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use